Glenn Ashmore

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Almost all GPSs have anchor watch alarms and radars have range alarms
but they all put out a whimpy little beep. Is there a device that
monitors the NMEA data streams (from say a multiplexer) and make a
noise that will get your attention when it sees an alarm or MOB
statement??

Yes, it's called a laptop, and you can connect MASSIVE speakers to it!

Some how keeping a laptop running 24 hours a day for 3 or 4 days just to
monitor for alarm sentences when the job could be done with a fairly simple
circuit drawing only a few milliwatts seems more than a little bit
wastefull. Also the laptop may be subject to the idiosyncrasies of Windoze.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com