Mitch wrote:
Ever wonder why there are so many dangerous floating logs and

deadheads
in the waters off British Columbia?

Well...there are many reasons for that. But thanks for the info.

Just north of where I live, we have the same problem and many of the
logs are no longer salvageable, do to the length of time they have been
floating in salt water, as they have become infected with parasites.
And many of the boat dock owners and charter companies run ads for
people to come and get the "FREE FIREWOOD" which liters the shores and
the areas around the docks and it is a HUGE mess. But for firewood
(albeit salt water firewood) it's great. And if a person could utilize
a firewood mill, similar to this type
(http://www.multitekinc.com/products/...rocessors.html)
they could make a small fortune selling economy firewood off the shores
in this area. However, there is the Government to deal with here and
that could stop such an enterprise.