Larry W4CSC

chuck wrote in :

If you don't pick up the pace, you're going to lose your
following! ;-)

73,

Chuck

Ow, Ow, OW! Oh, my arm, don't twist so hard!

FEC's redundant sending doesn't work very well on HF in all that noise. Of
course, neither does AMTOR/SITOR/PACTOR/Packet when there's a storm around.
They just keep resending and resending and resending......

In the real world, I doubt FEC is accurate enough to send an accurate data
stream the computers would accept for header information or anything else
important to routing.

Of course, what we're all talking about here, but not saying, is getting
something for nothing....using ham radio for an email system instead of a
pay service. Ham radio sucks for such. It's a hobby, you know...(c;