Jere Lull

In article .com,
wrote:

Got e-mail 'bout a
dinghy race an figgered it'd be perfect fer sailin my two MiniCups
(homemade daysailers). Well, we got there and one MiniCup had a broken
tiller so we decided to sail just 1. I gotta admit, she has had hard
use this yr and looks it. Her Visqueen sail is sorta ragged with
ironed on patches and its sorta comin offa the gaff. The sail had
terrible shape with a deep horizontal fold but I knew it'd be ok when
the wind picked up. Her pulleys are all rusted but workable.

I switched my MiniCub to a Sunfish rig. Dropped right in. See if you can
borrow one for a few hours. Think you'll like it.

With a proper sail, it blew Sunfish away (certainly wasn't my sailing
skill). Planed on a heartbeat and was pretty easy to keep flat and fast
going upwind.

BTW, you may be able to use one of the Puffins. Some of the Yot clubs'
junior programs have a fleet for members.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: