Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Looks like one of those northern beaches to me.

You really swim in the ocean up there? What's the highest the water temp
gets in July or August?

I tried swimming of a nice beach in Maine a few years ago. Well,
swimming is not accurate. I walked into the water until it was just
below the family jewels, and then decided if I went in any further,
they'd recede so deep into my body they'd never emerge.

When I was a kid, the water temps in Long Island Sound and even at
Revere Beach near Boston were fine by me. Nowadays, I like my ocean
bath-water temp.

At Queensland..probably in the high 60's or 70 F. On the North Shore
between Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, they brag it's the warmest
salt water north of Virginia...although that's not really the Atlantic
Ocean...it's the Northumberland Strait.
A short drive from the city are half a dozen big, wide beautiful
beaches...some suitable for surfing, but you'd better bring a wetsuit. Clam
Harbour might be an exception...it's very shallow for a long ways out. Great
for kiddies.
see http://www.highway7.com/to_beaches.html