Stanley Barthfarkle

Have you tried Oxalic Acid on it yet? I use "barkeeper's friend" (wear
rubber gloves) cleanser and a teflon scrub pad for the heavy stuff, then
finish it off with polishing compound and a coat of good wax. Try a section-
you may find that there's still a good finish under all the stains and
oxidation. Gelcoat is a lot thicker than paint.

"steve620" wrote in message
I have a 18ft Baylinner with a Cuddy and I need to Gelcoat it but
never did it before. Is it hard? I don't want to mess it up. I've been
told you just roll it on like painting a house. When I told people
that I was going to let a marina do it they thought I was nuts, can
anybody give me any advice??

--
Posted using the http://www.boatforumz.com interface, at author's request
Topic URL: