Ken Heaton

The OP (original post) mentioned Dundee , but felt their prices were too
high:

"Baddeck and Dundee Marine want $.50 per square foot per month. LOA X
Beam gives about $200/month. Ouch.

Yet I hear tales that local yards will do it for about $1 a foot (not
square foot) or about $36/month.

I can't seem to find a marina or whatever in Arichat or thereabouts."

I believe Baddeck charges more as they are more full service, arrive to a
boat that is in the water and ready to go, whereas the local clubs provide
the storage and in some cases the travel lift but you do the work yourself.
I don't know about Dundee.

"Don White" wrote in message
Ken...I saw a number of good size yachts on the hard at Dundee marina. I
suppose that's a bit far away from the strait.
http://www.dbmarina.com/