otnmbrd

Ian Johnston wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:51:50 UTC, Andy Champ wrote:

: I don't know about you lot, but if I was doing 40kts in the Irish Sea
: 24/7/365 *I'd* want some blody good radar too. Just think "Lost
: Container"...

Are containers a real threat? They keep getting mentioned, but I
haven't yet seen any account of anyone actually hitting one ... and
I've seen claims that, not being airtight, they generally sink very
quickly. Anyone ever seen one washed up on the beach?

Ian

They're a potential threat. How real a threat they are is still up for
grabs, though, if you should hit one some night, the threat will indeed
be real.

As for radar on these high speed ferries ...... you'll find many of them
are using a high speed scanner, so that their picture is more frequently
updated.