Rosalie B.

(Steve Firth) wrote:

Dan wrote:

It's about 100 feet long throws up spray & makes the noise of a
Squadron of Concordes. You can see and hear it the other side of the
bloody Solent!

Not to change the topic, but

Last fall we were sailing down the Chesapeake off Mobjack Bay

What we saw is the inset in the 3rd photo here.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/58160/#TL

Suddenly I look over and say to Bob - Is that boat on fire? I half think of calling the Coast Guard on the radio to report it, but as we watch I see that it is water being sprayed up into a cloudlike mass. Bob asks retorically if the Navy is testing the hovercraft again. I remark that it is a good day for it - pretty much flat calm.

Eventually the hovercraft stops and just sits there in the water. When it is sitting still, you can see the big fans on the back that make it go.

grandma Rosalie