Galen Hekhuis

On 5 Mar 2005 16:29:48 -0800, "Tinkerntom" wrote:

I have been camping for 40 years, and sat around many campfires, where
many strange topics have been discussed. Sometimes they even talked
about the days fishing or hiking, biking or skiing. If the topic was
not of my interest, I could always grab another adult beverage, set
back, and contemplate the sparks rising over the campfire. Usually the
chatter would lull me into a luxurious state of semi-subconsciousness,
which convinced me that a hard day of exercise followed by the
campfire, is better than any day at WORK!

If the above did not occur, I could always retire to my tent and let
the darkness embrace me in slumber. I usually did not last long
listening from my tent.

If the OT chatter, disturbs your sleep, I apologize! I find this is
some of the best part of the day, and talking to fellow paddlers, even
OT, is very stimulating. So maybe, next time you should pitch your
tent a little further from the campfire IMHO! TnT

But how does one determine whether the tent should be pitched farther away
or that the party around the campfire has just gotten too rowdy? What if
they start chanting religious stuff real loud and you can't get to sleep
even if you pitch your tent a hundred yards away?

Not to disagree with your analogy, just being an ass. Personally, I'd have
said that if you don't like what's going on, contribute(help change it) or
leave, but don't just whine about it.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Illiterate? Write for FREE help