John Fereira

"Grip" wrote in :

It's the same in all news groups I've visited. I read what I wish to read
and ignore the rest. Very simple

Sure, it's simple to delete posts that you're not going to read buy why
should we? This is a newsgroup about paddling. There are many other
newsgroups in which political discussion, and even flaming is on topic.
Those that want to read that kind of article can go to those groups. That's
the whole point of creating topically based groups. I've been reading this
group for about 7 years and this is the worse case of off-topic article
posting I've ever seen. I've been participating on usenet for 20 years and
the number of off-topic article to on topic articles is just about the
highest ratio I've seen as well. Those that continue to post the off topic
articles are just flat out rude.

"Bob P" wrote in message
Gentlemen,

If you wish to debate endlessly, could you find a more appropriate
newsgroup? If your conversation consisted of 20 posts, it would be
within reason for an OT series, but these have gone on for more than
1000. Find yourselves a better home. Please.