Capt. NealŪ

When I was a child, myself and my brothers used to take mercury
out of thermometers until we had a vial containing a couple ounces
of the stuff. We used to play with it and we even smeared it on
pennies to coat them and make them look like dimes.

It never hurt our health.

Nowadays, folks like you are claiming some milli-micrograms of the stuff in
compound form (not even pure) is causing all sorts of disorders and
without any proof whatsoever. It's all speculation at this point. Much
of it is egged on by the Art Bell conspiracy crowd.

Just because there is trace amounts of a mercury compound in some
vaccines does not mean it causes genetic defects. Many things
cause genetic defects - things such as alcohol and cigarettes.
These things have been proven - better to concentrate on known
causes than to wring one's hands over speculation.

You probably drink and smoke or have in the past. It is far more
likely the genetic defects that occur with or without any outside
source of pollutants are caused by bad habits and not by mercury
compounds in vaccines.

Every see a little red bottle of Mercurachrome? It is used as a disinfectant
for cuts and scrapes? If trace amounts of mercury were so destructive
it would have been banned long ago.

There are massive amounts of pure mercury in most fillings (amalgam).
Wackos are running around claiming this mercury is causing all sorts
of problems and they, too, have no proof or data to support their
claims. Human DNA is not an infallible system. Sometimes, all it takes
is a bit of gamma radiation from the universe to cause something to
go awry. Blaming genetic defects on vaccine is dumb.

CN

"Kevysmom" wrote in message lkaboutboats.com...
Windows-1252?Q?Capt._Neal=AE?= Mar 5, 2005 at 12:07
PM

And you are very uninformed. What does mercury poisoning
have to do with sailing? Perhaps you posted to the wrong
group by mistake in your eagerness to attribute genetic
flaws to some unproven conspiracy theory?

CN

Your talking to a mom with a very sick child, Who has spent hundreds of
hours researching mercury poisoning. I think the only one who is
uninformed is you.

Mercury causes chromosome damage, Pregnant women were injected with
mercury, Mercury easily crosses over the placenta and targets the brain of
a fetus causing brain damage.

Our Preferred Poison
A little mercury is all that humans need to do away with themselves
quietly, slowly, and surely

http://www.discover.com/issues/mar-0...poison/?page=3

Maybe you have wives,sisters, or friends that could use this information.

Im just trying to prevent this tragedy from happening to someone else.