Capt. NealŪ

Scotty,

The right tool for the job . . .

Do you use a claw hammer instead of a ball peen hammer when doing metal work?

Do you use an ax when you are digging a hole instead of a spade?

Think, man, think! There are many types of anchors that are the right tool
for the job of anchoring and the right tool depends upon the bottom this
tool is intended to tackle. There is no ONE anchor type that works well
for all bottom conditions. For this reason one should have readily at hand
a variety of different anchor types so one can tackle any bottom type with
success.

Any sailor who tells you to rely on one anchor or only have one anchor on
the bow is no sailor but a lubber who has no experience nor any success
at anchoring in other than one or two places he frequents where the bottom
is known and consistent.

We real cruising sailors, who have sailed and lived aboard for more years
than most of the snot-nosed fools in this group have grown nose hairs,
realize how it must be done and just get a good laugh when reading the
claims of fools who say one anchor does it all.

CN

"Scott Vernon" wrote

Why a PITA? I have 3 danforths on my boat. The main one in the anchor
locker.