katysails

Is yours a snap or a velcro closure? I've about had it with velcro...ours
had turn toggles with little locktites on them...

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Kate,

If you're thinking of using a standard cover with "Jacks" there is a
very easy and good solution,

My jacks hook unto eyes on each side of the Boom (Three on each side.)
I take the starboard jacks under the boom and hook them to the port
eyes. I do the same with the Port side jacks, under and to the starboard
eyes.

I let them hang loose until I fit the cover and slide the bottom under
the boom(Following the Jack lines) This creates a double fold under the
boom and sail. By the way, I've stopped using sail ties. When the
bottoms are in place I take up on the Jacks, sealing the folds.
I just take them up enough to snug them. Kate, you can't get the bottoms
full folds because of the sheet leads and vang but you can tuck them
pretty well. I then position the boom with the topping lift and the main
sheet traveler, which is tighten by the main sheet.

If you go with WM and you need any help I'm as close as your keyboard
and my new camera is ready at the other end.

Good Luck However,
Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage