Rural Knight

Default Test Drive Advice...

I can only speak to marinas on the water. Usually, they
will have one or two "demo" boats available for use. As
to used boats, they will usually allow a test drive with a down
payment on the boat - I know, it sounds stupid, but it's
as Tony said - nobody wants to waste fuel just for a ride
(and it does happen).

I do demos all the time for a dealer in CT, but that's because
I happen to have two boats, a center console and a bass
boat. It is a pain though because sometimes I'm not available
for various reasons or I just don't feel like it, but I do it anyway
because the dealer is a friend and he pays my gas.

Usually, demos aren't part of the boat sales package. Some
will, some won't.

The best advice is to do your homework, make sure you are
going in the appropriate direction, pick your make/model/engine
package and then talk some turkey.

You would be amazed what sales folk will do once they know
you are serious and ready to do a deal.

Good luck.

Tom

"alincoln" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

New to the boating scene. I am in the market for a bowrider, 18-19'.
I have been reading all the literature I could find and have been
walking thru marinas over the last month. I have one question posted
already on boat manufacturers and materials they use, but another
question has come up...

Now that I'm ready to start test-drives on these things, what can I
expect from the marina/sales team. For instance, am I required to
have a vehicle with the trailer hitch so I can tow the boat to a boat
launch? Or is that something the marina should be doing? Or does it
vary depending on how much money you're spending on the boat?

thx,

adym