John H

On 4 Mar 2005 06:54:05 -0800, wrote:

John H wrote:
On 4 Mar 2005 05:07:48 -0800,
wrote:

John H wrote:
Some folks want to complain that Bush has done a bad job with our
economy.
Perhaps they should check the rest of the world. Last week France
broke the
double digit unemployment rate. This week Germany does even worse.
Note,
especially, the second paragraph and the last section on the US
economy.
snip

What happens elsewhere in the world has no bearing on us. It's like
comparing apples and oranges. Take for example, if you were to

compare
Afghanistan with Germany, THEN, Germany would look economically
gigantic!

I won't comment on that first sentence of yours.

You can "comment" on anything you like. But before you do, may I
suggest that you first think about the context it was written in. The
way the German government's economic policies and practices aren't
relevant to our situation.

In your scenario, Germany would look gigantic, and the US would look

*triply*
gigantic.

Not if we were comparing Germany and Afghanistan. Again, U.S. economy
wouldn't be in the equation.

Well, I'm not sure *how* Afghanistan got into the equation. The original post
was in response to some of the left wing comments regarding the poor job Bush
has/is doing with regard to the economy of the US. When compared to the
economies of other countries, the US is doing quite well.

John H