Richard Ferguson

I priced shipping a canoe one way from Inuvik NWT to Yellowknife, less
than 1000 air miles, for around $500. They charged based on volume, not
weight. At that price, you might as well use an old boat and leave it
at the end of the trip.

I like the folding kayak suggestion, and I know that folding canoes are
also available. You can carry them in a taxi, bus, or other public
transport. You can store it in a closet. Forget air shipping a
canoe/kayak across the pacific ocean, go with a folding boat.

Richard

riverman wrote:

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about shipping one or more
canoes on airplanes? I assume that they must go as airfreight; but if anyone
has done it, I'd like to know about their experience. I'm imagining
something like a 17' boat, or even two boats, a 16 footer nestled inside a
17 footer.

--riverman
(whose mind is easy to read)