Tony Thomas

Default Test Drive Advice...

By definition, a Marina is on the water already. If your talking about a
marine dealer off the water, they probably won't allow a test drive unless
they have a demo model and then they will take it to the lake and launch w/
you. If used, then you will probably have to haul yourself.

Most dealers don't allow test drives on new boats since they have to install
a battery, fuel, oil, and check out first. Then if you don't buy it, they
have a used battery, engine w/ fuel that has to be conditioned and possible
winterized. You might actually be an honest person who is ready to buy
based on the ride but a lot of people just want a ride knowing that they
really want something else.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"alincoln" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

New to the boating scene. I am in the market for a bowrider, 18-19'.
I have been reading all the literature I could find and have been
walking thru marinas over the last month. I have one question posted
already on boat manufacturers and materials they use, but another
question has come up...

Now that I'm ready to start test-drives on these things, what can I
expect from the marina/sales team. For instance, am I required to
have a vehicle with the trailer hitch so I can tow the boat to a boat
launch? Or is that something the marina should be doing? Or does it
vary depending on how much money you're spending on the boat?

thx,

adym