Wayne.B

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:31:03 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

Thanks for the history lesson. How does this even remotely answer the
OPs question?

==================

I actually asked a couple of questions, one of which related to the
conpany's track record, i.e., reputation, etc. The answer seemed
relevant to me, both interesting and useful.

After a more detailed review of Outback's inverter products, the
device selection process has gotten more complicated. They make one
line of inverters for "Off Grid" usage, i.e., no tie in to utility
power what so ever, and another product line for marine usage. The so
called marine inverters lift the neutral ground when in shore power
transfer mode. Presumably this is done to prevent electrolysis,
ground loops, etc., when hooked up to utility power. All well and
good. The problem is that the inverter I really want is not offered
in the marine version. I could design the system to be totally "off
grid" and lose the benefit of shore power transfer and recharging, but
I'd rather not for reasons of complexity and flexibility. The other
possible solution is to put in a large isolation transformer but
that's another layer of complexity and expense in an already expensive
system.

I'm going to call them tomorrow for their advice.