bobl

Default Ok to break in new outboard in a tank?

Thanks for the reply. I'm just after a few extra easy break in hours.
I need to get these things broken in before a long trip in late May
and I'm not near any boatable water (at least until the nearest
reservoirs are drawn up after the winter draw down.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:29:10 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

It's better to do it on the trailer on the ramp - so you can vary speeds and
loads a bit.

But running them both 1/2 hour in the tank will only help speed up the break
in

-W

"bobl" wrote in message
.. .
Just bought a new boat and motors (8 hp and 90 hp hondas) and was
wondering if it would be acceptable to perform some of the break in
hours in my driveway using a tank filled with water. I have access to
some large stock feeder tanks and had heard that this was actually
done by some dealers. Any advice?
thanks!