Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of Outback inverters?
They seem to be the only company that makes a totally sealed unit but
have I've never heard of them before, and know nothing of their track
record.

Next question: Outback, Xantrex and others offer the option to sync
up two 110 volt inverters to provide 220 volts. Assuming both
inverters are connected to the same battery bank, my concern is what
happens in charge mode. If both inverters are charging the same
battery bank at the same time, are they able to work in coordination
with each other, or would one tend to shut the other down?

Outback has a very interesting history. If you look at their website,
and compare their address to that of the old Trace Company before
Xantrex bought them, you will notice that they are just back up the
street from each other. This is due to the fact that when Xantrex
bought Trace, they rellay ****ed off the employees, and the whole Design
Team walked "Outback" and started their own company called Outback.
These guys really pioneered the whole Big Power Inverter industry,
and are still pushing and driving the inovations. These are also the
same guys that did such a GREAT job with their Customer Service and
made Trace the CS MANE in the industry. Since Xantrex took over Trace
is almost impossible to deal with. If you call Outback on the phone,
you can actually talk to the guy that designed the product, and he is
very interested in how his product is working for you. If you call
Xantrex you get a machine, that never calls you back. I have two Trace
products that are from the independant Trace era, and they have served
me very well for many years. When I need to replace them, I WILL buy
Outback, no question.

Bruce in alaska one very satisfied cunstomer....of Outback.....
--
add a 2 before @