Brian Nystrom

BCITORGB wrote:
After several years of renting, I purchased a tandem [Necky Amaruk] a
couple of weeks ago. I figure either my wife or my daughter will
accompany me most of the time. However, I anticipate that I'll be more
fanatical than they. So, on those days when I'm alone, are there
recommendations re weight distribution? Is it much of an issue? Should
I place dead weight on the forward cockpit? Should I place dead weight
near the bow? Any good ideas re dead weight; I'm thinking of bottled
water in a mesh bag.

Paddling a tandem solo is generally a bad idea, as it can become
completely uncontrollable in any significant wind and waves, due to poor
weight distribution.