Doug Dotson

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of Outback inverters?
They seem to be the only company that makes a totally sealed unit but
have I've never heard of them before, and know nothing of their track
record.

The Outback is popular in the off-the-grid market. My brother-in-law
uses on in his off-the-grid home in upstate NY. He has solar panels and
a wind generator charging 16 L-16 batteries in a 24V system. I'm not
aware that the Outback is also a bettery charger but I suspet that there
my be models that are. Very rugged piece of equipment IMHO. I'll
probably use one in my off-the-grid home.

Next question: Outback, Xantrex and others offer the option to sync
up two 110 volt inverters to provide 220 volts. Assuming both
inverters are connected to the same battery bank, my concern is what
happens in charge mode. If both inverters are charging the same
battery bank at the same time, are they able to work in coordination
with each other, or would one tend to shut the other down?

You would have to call the Outback folks to get a good answer. My charging
system on my boat use 2 chargers in parallel, so it is possible.

Doug
s/v Callista