DSK

Joe wrote:
The news paper

Did you *think* about it, or just begin trumpeting it as a "Great
Triumph For Bush's Foreign Policy"?

I think it's a great positive step... unfortunate that it followed the
assassination of a Lebanese statesman... it's certainly not an
earth-shattering revelation or a tremendous revolution in the order of
things.

It would be much better if the U.S. could bring about positive change
without getting thousands... or tens of thousands... of people killed...
especially our own young men & women. For example, there is a large &
economically powerful group of moderate middle-class Iranians who would
like to reduce or even eliminate the mullah's stranglehold on their
gov't. But they will unite with the mullahs against the US with our
current policy of saber-rattling. What do you think would be the smart
course of action? Nuke 'em all, right?

And as I said, the situation in Lebanon has existed for at least twenty
years. Better late than never, though!

Regards
Doug King