Ken Heaton

Hi Courtney,

Port Hawkesbury is about two hours away by car so I don't buy much there.
Most of the suppliers in Cape Breton service the commercial fishing fleets
and other commercial users but some deal with recreational boaters as well,
such as Sydney Ship Supply (now owned by the IMP Group of companies):
P.O. Box 38
Victoria Road
Sydney, NS
B1N 3B1
Tel: (902) 564-5425
Fax: (902) 539-0904
http://www.impmarine.com/impmarine/

I'd probably be more helpful if you had a specific request for an item or
service. We search for many things online. I used to have all sorts of
links collected together somewhere but I can't find them anymore. Here a
short list of online suppliers in Nova Scotia and beyond:

These guys are based in Halifax, NS: http://ca.binnacle.com/online/

As a http://www.mmosonline.com/

I've dealt with both, both online and by calling or visiting their stores,
and am happy with the service.

In Toronto: http://www.hollandmarine.com/

The next two have a somewhat limited online presence but offer used
equipment.

Based in Sidney, BC: http://www.theboatersexchange.com/

or Vancouver: http://www.marinersxchange.com/

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
Ken,

I'll be bringing my boat up to Cape Breton this Summer and would
appreciate your recommendations regarding suppliers of
necessaries/desirables for sailboats in the area, as I'll be doing a
lengthy refitting and am unfamiliar with suppliers beyond Port
Hawkesbury, though please don't omit recommendations there either.

On the other hand if you've discovered better sources outside of Cape
Breton, please send them on :-)

Appreciatively,
Courtney

Ken Heaton wrote: