thunder

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:04:17 -0500, JimH wrote:

Look at the fantastic results being reported in the Middle East now as a
result of our overturning of Saddam's regime. These things are not
happening by accident. Credit GWB.

Clinton had a chance to do the same but did nothing. He sat on his hands.

If this all finally results in democracy spread across the Middle East and
terrorists eliminated, as it now looks like it will, GWB will go down as
one of the greatest POTUS in history.

You have been so starved for good news out of the mid-east, I can
understand you jumping on the least little glimmer of light. Not to rain
on your parade, but there is a reason we have historically preferred thugs
in leadership positions. They provide stability.

While it is possible, we are seeing the beginnings of a democratic
resurgence in the middle east, it is just as possible that we are seeing
the start of many years of complete instability. I'd point out, as much
American blood has been shed bringing, a yet to be seen, democracy to
Iraq, as we shed in our own Revolutionary War. I believe in democracy,
and I hope the Iraqis attain it, but I'm not quite sure an Iraqi democracy
will be worth the American lives already lost.