John Cassara

Vent the pump into a bucket 1/2 full of water. Put a couple of drops of
dishwasher detergent in the water to aid cleanup. You should test for
foaming, but machine detergents shouldn't foam.

John

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I believe I would find a different vacuum pump. HVAC pumps are designed
run a long time with almost no flow. With the constant flow from even a
well sealed bag you run the risk of blowing all the oil out and burning
up
the pump before the epoxy kicks. You also don't need that high a vacuum.
When you get much above about 15" Hg you run a risk of squeezing to much
resin out of the layup. A pump rated at 24" Hg will give you plenty of
headroom.

I know but this pump is quite quiet (quieter than a vacuum cleaner).

The first thing I did was check the oil level in the window on the pump
when I went it and it hadn't budged. I suspect that a little oil goes a
long way when it comes to making a mist.

I did keep the vacuum level at 10-15" during the time the pump was running
but thanks for the thought.

Evan Gatehouse