Glenn Ashmore

I believe I would find a different vacuum pump. HVAC pumps are designed to
run a long time with almost no flow. With the constant flow from even a
well sealed bag you run the risk of blowing all the oil out and burning up
the pump before the epoxy kicks. You also don't need that high a vacuum.
When you get much above about 15" Hg you run a risk of squeezing to much
resin out of the layup. A pump rated at 24" Hg will give you plenty of
headroom.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com