John H

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:22:42 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:
Do you think all the Congressmen putting their money into the Thrift Savings
Plan are doing so just to fatten the wallets in Wall Street.

That's not Bush's plan. It's been mentioned as a possible option, with
the change that it would be a seperate account (handled of course, by
favored Wall St'ers)

You have a reference for this, right? The TSP has been used repeatedly as an
example of the type of account the personal account would be.

... You're reiterating
the panic crap espoused by some of the more notable Bush-haters.

You're reiterating the distortions and outright lies of the Bush-Cheney
spin machine.

Show me a lie with respect to the personal savings account.

There is no reason whatever you can't invest your own money as you like.
You are obviously trying to dodge the issue that this is a case of the
gov't taking your money and giving it to private enterprise, on the
gamble that you might get some of it back later.

Do you know *anything* about the Thrift Savings Plan used by government workers,
to include Senators and Representatives?

More than you, apparently.

Lastly, the government wouldn't be *taking* anything.

Really? Is the gov't not taking your money when it pulls in Social
Security taxes?

The taking and putting into a personal savings account is voluntary. The other
option isn't.

... Again, do we assume people have the
responsibility to make baby-killing decisions but not monthly investment
decisions?

This seems to be a buzz-phrase for you. Where does this come from? Are
people not able to make savings & investment decisions now? Preventing
the diversion of Social Security taxes into "private investment
accounts" in no way diminishes people's ability to invest their money as
they choose.

Sure it does. If I had the choice, I'd rather see half my Social Security
withdrawals going into an investment over which I had some control. By denying
me that opportunity, you are, in fact, diminishing my ability to invest my money
as I choose. (Note, the references to me are rhetorical.)

The 'buzz-phrase' is applicable. You pro-choice folks are anti-choice here. Why?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes