Don White

Default Recommend a good watch

I wouldn't give up on Titanium too quick. You have to buy a good watch.
My wife gave me a Swiss Army Titanium (Victorinox...not Wenger) Christmas
1999.
My old Lorus watch ran fine but my skin reacted with the base metal case.
The case was all pitted and my arm would breakout in a rash. I needed
something hypoallergenic.
The watch cost 600.00 loonies and I saw them advertized stateside for 500.00
yankee dollars.
If I lived in the states, I'd order a Luminox ' Navy Seal' watch. Gotta love
those little light dots that burn for 10 years.

Ignoramus31468 wrote in message
a.com...
My old POS "titanium" (read base metal covered with 0.0001" of
titanium coating) finally died and I am NOT missing it. It was all
pitted from my sweat. Disgusting.

So, what I am looking for now is a:

1) stainless steel watch
2) luminescent dial and hands
3) with calendar, stopwatch etc
4) very water resistant
5) very abuse resistant (I do a lot of mechanical type works etc)
6) accurate
7) not too expensive. I want functionality and not prestige.

Any suggestions? I can go with analog or electronic display, I am not
too sure what is my preference.

thanks