Meindert Sprang

"Pascal Goncalves" wrote in message
om...
Ok, there are some VHF radios witch outputs NMEA. But what messages
are used? I know there is DSC and DSE, messages related to DSC since
NMEA version 2 . But my question was if I add NMEA IN/OUT from
VHF/DSC, and I alredy have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA to gps, the
Laptop sending and receiving to/from the gps, witch in turn sends NMEA
to autopilot and so on. How many talker I have?

Every device that SENDS data is a talker.

Would be a problem in
that case? With DSC in/out I am adding another unit sending NMEA to
the gps and, since I already have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA DBT
to the gps, this wil work?

You always need a multiplexer when you want to feed data from more than one
device into another. So you need one to feed the output from the VHF and the
depth sounder into the GPS.

Meindert