Pascal Goncalves

Ok, there are some VHF radios witch outputs NMEA. But what messages
are used? I know there is DSC and DSE, messages related to DSC since
NMEA version 2 . But my question was if I add NMEA IN/OUT from
VHF/DSC, and I alredy have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA to gps, the
Laptop sending and receiving to/from the gps, witch in turn sends NMEA
to autopilot and so on. How many talker I have? Would be a problem in
that case? With DSC in/out I am adding another unit sending NMEA to
the gps and, since I already have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA DBT
to the gps, this wil work?

I know that the GpsMap 3010 and GpsMap 276C both "theoricaly" have 2
NMEA ports, but at last in my one, witch is at the latest software
level (3.1) this does not work, because when I set one port to NMEA
the other is automatically set to NONE by the softwa so I can have
only one port using NMEA, the other can be Garmin mode, etc.. but not
NMEA. I think this could be a software problem, any coments? Maybe
anibody witch has a GpsMap 3010 or 3006 could tell me if this 2 port
can work "realy" in NMEA format?

In summary, anibody here is using VHF/DSC with the new Location NMEA
IN/OUT function? Anibody here has GpsMap 276C or GpsMap 3006/3010? Who
is using the 2 NMEA ports at same time?

Thanks

Pascal

"Eric Fairbank" wrote in message ...
The new Uniden UM625 and UM525 also have nmea output.

Eric

"krj" wrote in message
I don't know which VHF/DSC radio you have, but all the ones I have looked
at only receive GPS data. ICOM, Uniden, West Marine only have a GPS in
lead.