Kieran

Peter wrote:

If you just want average power generated then you could use some of the
test and model data from Sea Kayaker magazine in their kayak test
reports that shows the drag force of each boat model at various speeds.
Combine this with measured speeds of paddlers in races and it should
give an idea of the effective paddling power.

Actually, we want direct measurement of force through the paddle,
applied by the paddler. This way, we can not only determine the overall
power, but also do an inverse dynamics analysis of the joint forces in
the paddler's arm and shoulder.

-Kieran