Gordon

Have a friend that is beginning his 5th trip to New Zealand from Puget
Sound in April. He sails a homebuilt steel 33 footer.
He carries lots of dried fruits etc (uses his own dehydrator) and regularly
fishes along the way. He watches for birds feeding and when he sees some, he
motors over and throws in a line. He fillets the fish and hangs em on a rail
to dry. He also carries a lot of rice and some onions and spices. Throw the
dried fish and rice and whatever into a pot and make a fish stew or ?
Gordon

"mlw" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone tell me weather it is possible to feed one-self during a
high sea cruising trip on a 36' sailing boat just by fishing? I just
dream to buy a boat and cruise around the world, but have zero
experience so far.