Calif Bill

Default ugly permanent boat rug / carpet - options?

My boat has the Nautolex. Going to replace it after 13 years. Works well,
looks good. Has got some oil stains and a couple of small rips after all
these years.
Bill

wrote in message
om...
Follow-up on my own question...

Can anybody comment on the following two products?

LONSEAL loncoin - rubber floor

Nautolex Marine Vinyl Flooring - vynl floor made to look like carpet.

Kind of hestitant to just start ripping out my old carpet as I'm not
sure how much raw wood will be exposed. Also wondering, the floor is
not flat, it curves up on the sides and in the front there's a 5" inch
step where the front passanger and captian rest their feet while
sitting. How would I do 90 degree angles with these products? cut?

I know the Nautolex is inexpensive - maybe $50 to do the job. How much
will Loncoin (about 5 x 8) cost me?

Also, thinking.. the rug appears to be on so tight, wonder if there
are any other options/products - maybe something I can apply right
over the carpet that will harden to a rough - shiny finish.

What about drains.. I'm still puzzled as to how water that gets in
get's into the bilge - there's a tiny drain on Capri in the front, but
most water goes to the back... As ugly as the carpet is, (as hard as
it is to believe) it seems very water tight and does not appear it
will ever rot - don't want to screw that up unless whatever I do
performs as well.