Glenn S.

Jim, wrote:

Flush tax: In 2004, Maryland began charging homeowners and businesses
for producing wastewater. The funds will be used to help protect
Chesapeake Bay waters.

Maryland will add $2.50 a month to the sewer bills of residents hooked
up to treatment systems. It will also assess an annual charge of $30 to
homeowners with their own septic systems, even though many believe these
residents add little to the stream of pollutants that have damaged the
Chesapeake.

Being on a private well and septic and in a neighboring state to
Maryland, I wonder how long before other states see the income from this
tax revenue and start making their people pay also. And considering my
home is in the Chesapeake Bay Water Shed, I'm sure WV will pick up on
the money making venture.

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Swee****er 22' Pontoon Boat
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/gs_pontoon01.html

FOR SALE: 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 37' Travel Trailer
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/Mallard001.html