Larry W4CSC

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in
:

I don;t actually know. The calibration of the tach is off because the
alternator is
not stock. When we first bought the boat I measured the actual RPM and
made a graph to convert from indicated to actual. Converting the
proper cruising RPM
to the indicated gives 2500 so that is where we run unless we need
some extra. I've forgotten what the actuals are. 1800 sems to stick in
my mind but
I'd have to go look it up.

Doug

Thanks. The 4-108 just seems to lazily cruise along in the 1800-2000 RPM
range. Lionheart has 90 gallons of diesel in the tank that's the starboard
seat in the center cockpit. It's amazing how long that lasts under power.