Brian D

Yeah but ...given the time of year, it could be nothing more than shop
temperature biting him. The original poster didn't say. I'd vote for some
incandescent shop lamps or other heat source focused on the sticky epoxy to
warm it up to 70 F or so for a day or two, then decide if it's going to
cure. Every epoxy in the book will cure hard to touch within 24 hours at 70
F, so if it's still sticky after that ...sigh, then I'd remove it and try
again.

Brian D

"Sail-n-Dive" wrote in message
Epoxy is not catalyzed ( i.e., no "hardener" is mixed at all) like many
other plastics and the correct amount of each part of the components must
be there for the "curing" to take place. If will have to come back off if
it was not properly mixed.

"Paul Winchester" wrote in message
If it has been mixed with hardener it should setup eventually. Heat and
time will eventually harden the mix. The more heat (up to a point) the
less time. I miscalculated the mix ratio on a batch I used for a repair
patch last year. It was very sticky for a long time, then after several
weeks in the hot sun it eventually cured.

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there anything I can do now. It is just sort of sticky.

Thanks.

Bill