Skipper

On 23 Feb 2005 12:08:23 -0800, wrote:

I truly do not know how much fuel it uses but am saying 1-1.5 gal/hr as
a maximum. I have major problems filling it as the fuel backs up and
tries to backflow even though I have unclogged the breather line.

As far as finding time to sail, I am blessed with loving my work and
really cannot decide if I would ever really want to go sailing for long
periods.

It seems you are well passed the speed you want for fuel economy.
My boat is about 36,000 lbs (46') and my big 85 hp burns between 1 and
1 1/2 gph at 6 knts.
You might try a self-pitching prop like the Auto-Prop. You can
still use sail power and the prop will self-pitch to still give speed
at slower rpm. Take a look at their web site. Over time, the fuel
economy will pay for the prop. You'll also get a real prop in reverse.