Doug Dotson

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:41:58 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

Actually, the original owner repowered the boat from a Perkins 4-108 to
a 4-236. The boat lived in Newfoundland. Fighting currents was
definitely his goal.

If the 4-108 can push the boat at it's theoretical hull speed without
too much effort, adding the little extra power of a 4-236 isn't going to
make it go all that much faster in smooth calm water. Maybe what, a
half knot at best? Probably less. The extra "over" power is very
useful at fighting wind and waves. Currents? No, not much help at all.

Steve

I've never met the gentleman so I can't tell what he really had in mind.

Doug