Wayne.B

wayneb wrote:
If you had it to do over again, would you have gone offshore or up the
ICW?

===========================
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:11:14 -0500, DSK wrote:

We didn't have the time. We made it in 4 days, on the ICW it would have
taken closer to ten. Doing the ICW with a few short inlet-to-inlet
outside hops would have been ideal (until the weather turned cold, anyway).

Not a hypothetical question for me since I'm going to face that choice
in late May when we take our trawler north for the summer. Hopefully
we'll have better weather then, but the Gulf Stream is always a big
question mark for weather and seas. I'm figuring it will take 2 1/2
days offshore from Ft Pierce to Beaufort but am planning some
alternative ports like St Mary's, Charlotte or Savannah in case
weather deteriorates unexpectedly. We might be looking for crew if
you're interested.