renewontime dot com

The new version replaces the (USCG-approved) original's 150' of
polypropylene line with 125' of unspecified "monofiliment."

Hi Al,

Are you sure you've got that right? The Lifesling2 that I've seen uses
a single braided -multifilament- (not -mono- filament) polypropelene
line, much like the original Lifesling. In fact, I've seen both and
don't recall there being much of a difference between the two, except as
you've already noted, the Lifesling2 is USCG approved as a "throwable
device".

In any event, the way I understand it, the tether is not designed for
towing or hoisting the swimmer. Rather, a block and tackle are used and
hooked to the sling's D-rings to hoist the swimmer aboard. At least
this is what was relayed to me when I spoke with the manufacturer's rep
many years ago and is how I've taught students to use it since.

--

Renewontime