Pascal Goncalves

Thank You, I had forgoten that only with a NMEA multiplexor I can have
more than one talker. I have the folowing situation: my gps is
sending NMEA messages to my AH autopilot, and the gps is receiving
Depth (DBT) from an Navman depth sounder. Aditionaly, I have a laptop
witch is reciving NMEA from the gps, for real time ploting, using some
software. If I add a VHF/DSC radio, sending and receiving NMEA to/from
gps, what would hapen?

My gps is a Garmin Gpsmap276C, witch now (3.1) includes a very
interesting interface with VHF/DSC, that can show the position of all
boats nearby (if they are DSC/VHF ready), so that I will see the
positions of all boats in the map screen, this would be useful in a
flotilha cruising for example,or pheraps to see ships in the scren? I
think this is not dependent of the Mayday function, witch is suported
too, but shows diferent symbols, colors and alarms.

In this case I will have more than one talker?

Thanks

Pascal

"Gerard van Toornenberg." wrote in message ...
You are right some are outdated.

Gerard

"Meindert Sprang" schreef in bericht
"Gerard van Toornenberg." wrote in message
Take a look at http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/nmeafaq.txt

That info is pretty old. More like NMEA-0183 V2 or so. V3.1 has a lot of
sentences with extra/new fields added.

Meindert