DSK

Wayne.B wrote:
And you wuz a bit lucky...

True. If anybody had gone overboard in those squalls, it would have been
hopelss to try and find them. If we had hit that debris off Frying Pan,
whatever the heck it was, we'd have almost certainly sunk... most likely
in moments.

But, as I told my wife, mixed in there was many hours of quite enjoyable
sailing. Driving a 40 foot keelboat surfing at 14 knots isn't something
I get to do every day, unfortunately

Glad to hear you made it in one piece.

If you had it to do over again, would you have gone offshore or up the
ICW?

We didn't have the time. We made it in 4 days, on the ICW it would have
taken closer to ten. Doing the ICW with a few short inlet-to-inlet
outside hops would have been ideal (until the weather turned cold, anyway).

It's in the nature of deliveries that the boat is not likely to be
perfect and you have schedule constraints... two reasons why I don't
like to do deliveries, most of the time. It also shows why I have chosen
to "deliver" my own boats, the few times it's been an issue.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King