Wayne.B

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:45:14 -0500, Neon John
wrote:

It sounds like the microwave is tripping off on undervoltage. I'd be
looking at my 12 volt connections, as that is the usual source of the
problem. Depending on the length of the run, that #2 wire may be a
bit small.

I agree that #2 wire is marginal at best. You are pulling well over
100 peak amps and voltage loss in the cable increases as the square of
current flow. I'd sugggest something like 2/0 cable both to the
inverter and for your battery parallel straps.

It is true however that some devices just refuse to run on modified
sine wave power. We had to try several different brands of electric
blankets before we found one that worked.