DSK

I truly do not know how much fuel it uses but am saying 1-1.5 gal/hr as
a maximum.

Ah, OK. It may be that your engine and prop aren't so well matched and
you really are burning that much fuel. It's worth looking into.

... I have major problems filling it as the fuel backs up and
tries to backflow even though I have unclogged the breather line.

Kink in the filler hose, maybe?

As far as finding time to sail, I am blessed with loving my work and
really cannot decide if I would ever really want to go sailing for long
periods.

There you have it. Do what you enjoy best. But many people confuse
"sailing" with "travel by boat under schedule contraints" and they're
not the same thing. Personally I most enjoy sailing hi performance small
tippy boats, which is a passtime of a few hours.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King