On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:37:56 GMT, Larry W4CSC wrote:

"Comcast" wrote in news:W5idnZlIFrFdz4HfRVn-
:

Is there a problem with the microwave
or inverter? Should I buy a more powerful inverter?

Thanks
Brent

No, you should buy a cheaper microwave! We paid $15 for the Samsung with
the windup timer on the front and NO ELECTRONICS to screw it up!

Microwaves with cheap, mechanical windup electric timers work just fine off
inverters....even the cheap 1KW Radio Shack screwed to Lionheart's bulkhead
with the custom miniature power switch at the nav table...

Our Samsung works off a single marine battery, but... it takes about
twice as long to heat stuff up and it chomps on the battery pretty
hard. When practical we use propane to heat food and beverages
instead.