Larry W4CSC

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in
:

Only a nut would try to run 1000 watts on a small boat.

Input or output? Input - Guilty...(c;

My 12V Tentec Hercules II (modified) only puts output about 650 watts at
13.8V/120 amps peak. Tuner is a Nye-Viking 3KW manual tuner feeding the
port shroud via the chain plate inside a cabinet. Anyone with a Hercules
II I can get you 15-20% more output easy....just get rid of the cheapies
inside.

POWER is our friend!....especially when the CHIPS ARE DOWN! Everyone said
it was LOUD on 40 and 75 meters! The CD player wasn't amused,
however....(sigh). Some cabin lights glowed quite nicely!

Dare ya to touch the mast.....(c;

I don't think the amp with the dual 4-1000As will fit through the hatch.
There's no 30A - 240VAC to run it on, anyways....

150 watts just sucks!

Nut.....(c;