Doug Dotson

Because guns when used as designed, kill people.

I'd better go have a long talk with my gun. It is clearly not striving to
achieve it purpose in life. So far all it has done is put several thousand
holes in paper targets.

Cars when used as
designed get you from A to B.

I don't know about that. According to our media the deadly SUV threat is
more pressing than any gun problems.

Scissors cut paper...!!

According to my doctor, scissors cut flesh. Wow! Better get those killer
scissors out of the hands of surgeons.

you guys are keeping death rows fairly busy too eh

Executions are pretty rare here and getting more rare all the time.

Handgun based crime in this country is fueled by illegal importation of
these weapons from the US.

Still not the fault of the gun. And most handguns are not made in the US.

By the way, I know a guy that faced a home invasion here in town. He
didn't fall for the "answer the late night knock on the door" and while
returning to his room for his pistol, they kicked the door open. He
returned to the door and started receiving rifle fire from outside and
then a second guy already in the house tried to jump him - but the
target had his pistol. One BG down, the shooter still loose and most
likely plying his trade elsewhere.
The victim now owns about 12 dogs and always carries a concealed
weapon.
Don't underestimate or disregard the impact of violent crime.

Being on the receiving end of such a crime will definately change ones point
of view.

But this is my point. Even in a violent city like Detroit, it is the
minority of people who have been victims of stickups, home invasions etc.
Yet the news trumpets the stories and where one person is a victim,
thousands perhaps are made to feel fear and insecurity. Answer: Run for
the gunz. Are they more secure? No. Are their families more at risk
because of the presence of a firearm in the house. Yes.

Good point!