JR Gilbreath

Waltz is back in business with a new owner. You might be able to buy
the parts to complete the backstay installation combined with what you
bought on ebay. There are also good deals on the Questus if you search
long enough.
JR

wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:25:18 GMT, "Gordon" wrote:

How about PVC pipe or the like?
Gordon

That would be even worse for this application. You are mounting a 20
pound weight on top of a 10 foot pole. That pole is mounted on a boat
that will be pitching, rolling and yawing every second it is in the
water. My advice is that this would be a good place to spend the
required, though painful, bucks to do things right.

BB

wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:01:52 GMT, "Gordon Wedman" wrote:

"Gordon" wrote in message

Pardon the interruption, but what are you doing for a radar pole?
Gordon

I'm building my own.
I found a 10 foot length of 2 1/2" diameter aluminum tube in a scrap yard
for $10. They sell scrap aluminum for $1 per pound. A new length would
have cost me $100 from a chandler plus shipping.

Uh-oh... Not all aluminum is created equal. I hope what you bought is

suitable

for a marine environment.

BB